Thursday, October 11, 2012

My World, In Color

One of my closest friend writes:
'I completely understand your concerns about the future, particularly when it comes to education. However, I’m becoming more and more convinced as I interact with people in the world that where you go to school is much less important than what’s going on at home. You nurture your kid, you provide enriching experiences, you meet all the basic needs, and one way or another they’ll be fine. M’s life opportunities won’t be limited by where she goes to daycare. Nor will attending Harvard guarantee a successful career or happiness. Uncertainty at every step of the game is the norm, so all we can really control is the love we give them and the things we do with them.'
I was telling him, or from the sounds of it, lamenting? (but not really) about finding a part-time school for Nui Nui. She's interested in other kids and I want her to be able to have that interaction. With year-long waitlists, non-refundable (and non-guaranteed) application fees, and a slew of parents wanting the same for their kids.. ok, I got a little overwhelmed with the schooling thing, oops.

The pressure of being a good parent and wanting the best for your kid is a given. I never understood, though, the actual worry involved until I became one. My friend is absolutely right. His words are wise and, actually, restores my faith in men :> I post this for myself and all parents out there. Number one when a parent is providing unconditional love. Un.Con.Di.Tion.Al. To the core. ...the rest should follow.

I would not be where I am today, if it weren't for my mom and her love. Kids are not always the easiest but she proves love conquers all... even the worst of beasts.

I am lucky, not to mention ever grateful, to have these people in my life, including this little girl. Thank heaven for little girls... :>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...